I have o - blood should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Nope. I am O-. You will get Rhogam shots, unless your husband also has negative blood, then you don't have to worry about anything. They will test the baby after it is born to see if it has neg or pos blood to determine if you need the pp shot.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Nahh you'll be fine =] Like reflect said, you'll just get the Rhogam shot around 26-28 weeks, and then again at birth if your baby's blood doesn't match yours. I'm A- and I'm doing just fine with my pregnancy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Nope. I'm o- too. Like they said, you'll get a rhogam shot, and then one after birth if your baby has a positive blood type. But if baby comes out with a - blood type you'll never need one again!
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008