If my son is not waking at all at night to eat, is it ok if I have a drink when he goes to bed?

I have been exclusively breastfeeding him and I have not gone out since he has been born and I wanted to go have a drink with my friends. I did not know if it would still show up in my breastmilk in the morning or not.

supermommy10777

Asked by supermommy10777 at 8:22 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• just pump and dump it and you should be fine
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:32 AM on May. 10, 2011

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_alcohol-and-nursing-moms_3547.bc

Pumping and dumping actually doesn't serve any purpose but to relive the mother's fullness. This link exsplains everything.

Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 8:38 AM on May. 10, 2011

• There is NO reason to pump and dump. Alcohol doesn't stay in your beastmilk. Once it is out of your system it is gone. You could have one drink and breastfeed 2 hours later and be totally fine. So go ahead and have that drink. Maybe even have two ;)
    If you are worried baby will wake some time in the night, pump beforehand so there will be a bottle ready JIC
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:11 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks for the advice. I knew that pumping and dumping was essentially pointless. I was just nervous about the next morning. Thanks girls!
    supermommy10777

Comment by supermommy10777 (original poster) at 11:42 AM on May. 10, 2011