Poor baby!! (teething and fever advice please)

Dd is getting in her 4th molar and at least 2 other teeth:( she is burning hot and laying around cuddling her blankie. I have given her inprofin and icy bite toys. Any other suggestions as how to make her more comfortable? She already has 11 other teeth- this set is just hitting her really hard.

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 8:23 AM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I've always heard that fevers are not part of teething. You can call your doctor and ask the triage nurse. They will either tell you to come in or give you some good tips. I hope she gets better soon :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:25 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Let baby chew on a cold wash cloth, Luke warm baths, gatoraid, or Power aid. You can call your pediatrician to ask if you can give Tylenol, Out of my 5 kids 1 did get small fevers when teething. Another wouldn't eat allot at the time of tooth really bothering him. Popsicles are good if baby is older, 2ish.'Push-pops are awesome my little guy loves um' Good luck!~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 8:35 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I definitely agree with the cold washcloth idea that always seemed to help when mine were going through teething. GL
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 9:06 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If it's a molar, it couldn't hurt to encouage her to put a cold pack or bag of frozen veggies along her jawline to help with any swelling or pain. Frozen yogurt cups serve as a great popsicle substitute if you don't have any or just want to do something a little healthier.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:15 AM on May. 10, 2011