What do you do with your brewed coffee?

If you don't drink the whole pot and it has only sat for about an hour do you make iced coffee with it and if so how do you make the iced coffees?

Can you put it on your house plants?

Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:36 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I usually just keep the pot on and continue to drink it hot. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drink it later in the day or the next day. If I am making it iced, I just fill a cup with ice, add a yummy flavored liquid creamer and the coffee.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:52 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drink it the next day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I as soon as it's done making put it in the thermos and drink it through out the day (and sometimes into the next day). If it's a little cold coming out of the thermos (like it was this morning, because it had coffee in it from yesterday morning) then I just heat it up in the microwave.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:07 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Before I got my keurig I had a 5cup coffee maker and I would drink 2-3 cups. If I did not want any more or if the coffee had been sitting and 'cooking' for a while then I would turn it off and dump the coffee. I like my coffee to be fresh and not sit too long in the pot. So coffee did get wasted. That is what I really like about my Keurig I get a fresh, hot cup of coffee whenever I want it.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:14 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I use a french press. I drink a cup of it hot and then put the carafe into the fridge to make iced with later (I work part time nights so a pick me up in the afternoon is perfect). I use splenda for the iced coffee because sugar doesn't blend in well to cold coffee though you cold use simple syrup to sweeten it too.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:43 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I just drink it...sorry I can't help with a recipe.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 8:55 AM on May. 10, 2011

• My timer turns off after 4 hours and it is still hot for another hour after that. I cannot think of a day when there was any left over.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I toss it. Burned coffee tastes nasty to me.....

If the coffee has been sitting for over 1/2 an hour, i throw it out. I can taste even the slightest burned flavor when it's been sitting in the pot...i make small amounts & make more later if i need it. I try to not make more than what i really need.

but, i do save the coffee grounds & put them in my compost!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:24 AM on May. 10, 2011

• MizLee- That's why as soon as it's done making here I put it in a thermos. I get that "fresh" taste because it's no longer cooking (sitting on the heat plate) and the thermos keeps it hot for several hours. The other added benefit is I don't "waste" as much electricity and keep my energy bills lower. I'm one of these people that has everything unplugged unless we are actually using it (including things like the TV and computers). ---keeping things unplug has actually lower or electric bill by 20-30 per month.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:27 AM on May. 10, 2011