All I can say is: It's about time!

What's taken them so long to actually decide to look into implimenting these changes to help our troops fight against IEDs? That's what's doing the most damage to our forces over there.

http://www.militarytimes.com/news/2011/05/marine-corps-ied-afghanistan-george-flynn-050911w/

BlueCollarMama

Asked by BlueCollarMama at 8:40 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• – collapse

I have a solution

BRING THEM HOME

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 AM on May. 10, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I have a solution.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS AND KEEP THEM SAFE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks sweet, but until the job is done do you think these new ideas may help safeguard against IEDs?

BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 8:43 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Whatever they can do to keep them safer is fine with me. I'm on the fence about Afghanistan but I know it's not the last war our men and women will fight.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

•  

Thanks sweet, but until the job is done do you think these new ideas may help safeguard against IEDs?

There is no job that is getting done....there is no "end game"....

but I hope it does keep them safer while they are there

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:14 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I think it's good to look at low-tech, off-wall suggestions - anything to keep them safe.

I remember a few years back when it made the news that troops were requesting cans of Silly String, because it was light enough to not trip a trip wire, but solidly showed where the nearly invisible trip wires were in a room. It worked better than ($$$) military issued technology. I wonder who discovered that/first thought of that?
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 9:45 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I remember a few years back when it made the news that troops were requesting cans of Silly String, because it was light enough to not trip a trip wire, but solidly showed where the nearly invisible trip wires were in a room. It worked better than ($$$) military issued technology. I wonder who discovered that/first thought of that?

I remember that I used to work for Kay-B toys and we sent cases...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:03 AM on May. 10, 2011

• My husband and his platoon went through at least 30 cases of that stuff for the seven months they were in Fallujah LOL.

Sweet I realize there's no "end game" but if we just pulled up stakes right now before the people are ready for us to do so it'll do more harm then good and we'll be hearing about the evil and ignorant American military more then we already do now.

BlueCollarMama

Comment by BlueCollarMama (original poster) at 1:27 PM on May. 10, 2011