Whats the best way to wash tennis shoes?

And do I dry them after?

camiam81

Asked by camiam81 at 8:48 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• take the laces out and wash those by hand, put the shoes in the washer gentle cycle with hot water, air dry in the sun if possible.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 AM on May. 10, 2011

• With a tooth brush.
    cece5000

Answer by cece5000 at 8:49 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Both of the above will work. I use oxyclean on gentle cycle and dry on top of the dryer.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Tooth brush and a bottle of shout it out and scrub then machine wash and let air dry
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 9:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If they are Leather, use Fantastic spray cleaner & a tooth brush & let dry in the sun. If they're canvas, I would fill the sink, soak them & scrub with a tooth brush & soap, if they're white canvas, soak them in bleach & water. Dry in sun.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:46 AM on May. 10, 2011

• What kind of material is it ?
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 10:32 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Leather DCs, I'm worried about them drying cause they look like they have a bunch of stuffing or something in them. And we have 2 pairs of Nike running shoes, they are leather with a little bit of like a mesh or cloth material. They are all very muddy.
    camiam81

Comment by camiam81 (original poster) at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I throw all our tennis shoes in the washer - regular cycle, warm water (which isn't that warm in this house), and an all-purpose cleaner. I usually put a towel or two in with them. Laces out & washed seperately (or I toss them & get new). After they're washed I pull the tongues as far out as I can and let them air dry in the sun if possible - putting shoes in my dryer doesn't work, it shuts off.
    Anonymous

• soap water and a tooth brush or majic eraser
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:28 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I usually just take a baby wipe and wipe them off
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 1:43 PM on May. 10, 2011