Cher and sonny's daughter is now a man...

i saw him on Oprah yesterday. He tells the story of how he so desperately needed to be a man so he cut his breast off and he has yet to get a penis, if he decides that is what he wants. He also says Cher was dissaproving of this transformation but slowly accepting it.

Its something that happens but what if it was your daughter that wanted to be changed into a man?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 8:54 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• Wow that's crazy. i had no idea about that. If one of my kids wanted to live their life as another gender I would be very slow to accept it. It would be very hard. But I am with the ones who say I'd rather have a happy child, however they want to live. No one should have to live a life they hate instead of how they want to
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• what would be sad to me, is that the little girl i raised & got to know would not be the same little girl i remember. Yes, it would be hard...but of course i would accept it if that's what she really wanted. but yeah...it would be hard....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would support her/him in whatever. I would have to let my dreams for them die to rebuild new ones so there would be a mourning period for me.

This is not new news though.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:55 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If my daughter wanted to be my son nothing would change. Still my child, still love him or her no matter what.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:03 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I grew up with someone who was a boy he was always very "girly" and wanted to play girl toys with my sis and I, instead of play boy stuff with the boys on the block.. After he graduated from hs he did have the surgeries and he was transformed from he into she.    As in the case of my friend I know if he would not have had the surgery, he would not have lived and his mom would have lost him.  While she does miss  the son she raised, she is glad that her child is alive and happy.  I would rather my child be happy and be alive, than the alternative.  If that means my boys turn into girls, I would support them and I would be there for them and most of all still love them.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:09 AM on May. 10, 2011

• lol i know...i just saw it on Oprah which i never watch MIL just turned it on there. thought i'd announce it
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 9:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• No, I would put my kid in intense therapy, not let them hack up their body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Isn't that pretty old news...? Or maybe he's just going public now...
    Anyway...
    It would probably be a hard thing to handle, but I'd love my child no matter what.
    A friend I grew up with recently starting undergoing some changes to go from woman to man. It's honestly not much of a surprise. She was a twin, and she was always very much a tomboy growing up. As an adult, she's always had short hair and wore men's clothing and even kept her boobs flattened. I ran into her mom the other day and I asked how the twins were... she would only talk about the other one, who is off in Korea teaching and is so amazing (according to her mother) and she didn't even mention her other child.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 9:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I saw this too, I understand the problems these people face and it is heart wrenching, if my daughter was in those shoes, my support would still be 100%!!!!

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Honestly, it would make me sad, and I would feel like I was losing my little girl, but I don't think anybody WANTS to feel that way or be so uncomfortable in their own body that they would want to go through surgery to reassign their gender...and all the negative attention and personal/career implications that it has. I really believe that is something that happens TO someone, and I would accept it even though it would be hard for me. I am sure it would be harder for her.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:53 AM on May. 10, 2011