Did I stall my labor?

So from 8PM-1AM yesterday night and this morning I had regular contractions 5-7mins apart. They were painful, but tolerable so I waited to go to the hospital. I decided to get some rest at 1AM. Well here I am, it's almost 6AM, and the contractions seem to be gone. :/ I feel like crying, did I do something wrong? I even had a bloody show and woke up while sleeping to contractions that were more painful than the first and lasted longer. What should I do?

By the way I posted last night. I'm 40.2 weeks pregnant, was 3cm dilated, 80% effaced, and had my membranes stripped yesterday at my doctor's appointment.

ours

Asked by ours at 8:54 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You didn't go in after the bloody show? I thought you are suppose to go in? Call your doc.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:58 AM on May. 10, 2011

• No you don't go in after your bloody show. You go in once your water breaks, but that's it. and NO you didnt' do anything wrong. Thats normal
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i looked up some stuff on google and I'm thinking maybe I should have drank more water. It says dehyrdation can stall labor :[
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 9:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh thank goodness, the contractions seem to be coming back! Hopefully they are as regular as they have been.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 9:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If your baby was really ready to come s/he would no matter what. You did nothing wrong.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:02 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Well I'm drinking water right now and am about to go on a walk around the neighborhood. Hopefully this helps. If I get them going like they were last night I'm just going to head on in to the hospital.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 9:08 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Good luck.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Girl...I'm hoping for you. One of us might as well deliver today. LOL! A few days ago the EXACT same thing happened to me, but I'm only 37 weeks. I had HARD painful labor, with contractions 3-4 mins apart, and pain like I have only experienced in transitional labor...and...then...it...stopped.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:50 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Well it seems as though I'm back to irregular contractions. :/ I better be like 5-6cm dilated whenever it IS my time to go to the hospital though, that's all I have to say. I feel so disappointed right now :[
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 10:08 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Having your membranes stripped is just as likely to cause a very real bout of false labor as it is to move things along. Yes, you are having real contractions, but it sounds like your uterus is still just practicing.

Don't be disappointed. Your baby will come when it's supposed to and not sooner.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:31 AM on May. 10, 2011