Breech babies?!

Have any of you ever had a breech baby? My sister-in-law is 35 weeks.. and her baby is breech. They have been giving her some at-home techniques to try.. but he has not turned yet. They told her that at her next appt.. they would talk about having the doctor try to turn him, or scheduling a cesection. What have your experiences been with this? She is worried that there are risks involved if the doctor tries to turn him... this is her first baby..

LoveMyKids0203

Asked by LoveMyKids0203 at 9:14 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My son was breeched the doctor literally used his hand to turn him, but I still had to have a c-section.
    rowej

Answer by rowej at 9:18 AM on May. 10, 2011

• My son was breech also and I had to have a c-section, but my son's umbilical cord was also wrapped around his neck, so the doc didn't even attempt turning him.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• #1 SHE CAN DELIVER A BREECH BABY VAGINALLY if she has a good provider. All midwives are trained in SAFE delivery of breech babies and SOME doctors are but sadly not many anymore.

#2 Tell her to go to a chiropracter trained in turned breech babies if she needs him to turn. Many chiropracters have a 85% sucess rate which is far higher than a 35 or 45% chance that doctors have in manually turning the baby.

#3 Visit www.spinningbabies.com
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:45 AM on May. 10, 2011

• DD was delievered via c-section, I wish I'd had gone into labor naturaly, I KNOW she would have turned. DS was breech till 40 weeks, with him I went to a chiro. for 'Websters Technique' it has a really high success rate, I also did moxa therapy and swam. being on all fours doung an excercise callled cat/cow is known to help too. Acupuncturist also have a successful method for turning breech babies. If I were here I wouldn;t let a surgeon touch me. But since she is having a hospital birth I would request no scheduled section, let labor happen and see where babys head lyes when she is in active labor...hope that helps.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 11:43 PM on May. 10, 2011

• just from my own experience i decided not to have the doctor turn my baby i was told that even if they could turn DD she could always turn again and i would need a C-section and i was informed that the risk of the turning could be the baby having its umbilical cord around it's neck and my DD could die so we said thanks but no thanks we tried some at home techniques but ended up with a scheduled c-section hope every thing goes well for your sister goodluck
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 1:12 AM on May. 11, 2011