Tummy bug! Help!

I've been ill since 3.30am, thought I was making progress, I was able to keep lemonade down for 2 hours, then I had to run :( Spent most of my day looking down the toilet :( I've tried sipping water which came back up, cordeal which came back up, had a mouthful of apple which came back up, and now lemonade has also come back up :( help! I'm so weak, and DH has take the day off work to watch the baby, and I thought this would have passed by now, hope it's gone by tomorrow.

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 9:22 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• Sometimes giving your tummy a complete break for 12-24 hours is the best remedy. Taking TINY sips of clear liquids (like a teaspoon at a time) every 5 to 10 minutes will help you stay hydrated. Popsicles are good too. Don't take in anything acidic, like lemonade...and avoid eating anything for a minimum of 12 hours.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 9:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Hope you get to feeling better, don't think there is anything worse in life then hugging the toilet................viruses just plain suck there is no other word to describe it..........I have not heard of any but that does not mean there isn't any........GL and I hope you get to feeling better quick
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:25 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Drink sips of tea with sugar. The sugar is supposed to help with absorbing the water. And if you feel the desire to eat something - crackers, pretzels, grated apple, banana. Keep an eye on your hydration and call the doc for some stomach soothing meds if necessary. Yay that DH can and is helping!

Keep hydrated and feel better!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks :) I tried tea with sugar this morning, will try again now :) Hate feeling like this, I haven't had a cuddle with my baby today! :( Don't want him to catch this.
    kylie_bob

Comment by kylie_bob (original poster) at 9:30 AM on May. 10, 2011