Will coffee make it hard for me to lose weight, even if I only drink a cup a day?

When I drink coffee its like a need especially before I work out.

rowej

Asked by rowej at 9:25 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Coffee itself is low in calories. It's the stuff people add to it (like cream and sugar) that make it bad for you.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:26 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I have lost over 100 lbs and I drink coffee all the time, no sugar or creme though, I really don't think it will effect your weight loss JMO
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:27 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Most diets allow for coffee with spleda (etc) and skim milk.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• As long as you don't put a ton of sugar in it, yeah...coffee is good when you're dieting. it raises your metabolism for a bit. BUT, it's also a diuretic, which means it makes you pee a lot. So, it can dehydrate you if you don't drink water. If you drink tons of water & you're not worried about dehydrating, then it's OK.

Sugar is not good though....only black coffee is good when dieting.

I would not drink it RIGHT before i work out though. Drink it at least 45 minutes before your workout.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:29 AM on May. 10, 2011

• With anything TOO MUCH is a bad thing! (Even if it's just coffee). One to two cups a day isn't going to hurt you. The caffeine in one to two cups is most likely beneficial. (look at some of the so called diet pills they have caffeine in them-so SOME caffeine is okay). If you drink A LOT- I mean A LOT of coffee- even if it's black it will prevent you from loosing weight. Caffeine is a stimulant and TO MUCH of a stimulant will have the opposite effect that you want it to have. I know I read that in a health report. I'm looking for a valid web source to back that up. When I find it I'll share it here.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Coffee is great but its all those liquid chemically enhanced creamers that load up the calories. The powdered ones have much less preservatives. Half and half is good too. Its funny with all those red bull and energy drinks just half black coffee instead and yu will have just as much energy to work out without all the preservatives and chemicals in your body...
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 9:41 AM on May. 10, 2011

• OMG, thanks that makes me feel better. I only drink like a cup a day and I don't drink it everyday.
    rowej

Comment by rowej (original poster) at 9:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• No, it won't ... unless you add a bunch of sugar, cream, etc. I lost a lot of weight and coffee was part of my morning routine (I only drink 1 cup a day, maybe 2 on the weekends).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 10, 2011