What does this say about us?

Hubby and I are 29yrs old(I will be in July). Have 2 kids -son-2yrs and daughter 5-months. We have not been out in over 2 years(w/o kids). We decided last night not to go to our class reunion because it is a club scene. While we were dating we used to love going out and party. But lately it seems like it is not our thing. We took the kids to a bike show over the weekend and dh usually go around talking and looking at the bikes, but he just sat down and drunk a few beers and was ready to go when dark came! Does this mean we are getting older? He is the one that agreed that he didn't want to pay $40 to go sit in a club. We basically work, go to school, and come home. My older sister told us we are starting to act like old people. What do you think?

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 9:32 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You grew up.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I will be 40 this month and still enjoy going out, and I am very grown up. I think you need to find time to be young and do things together, regardless of the cost. As parents we sometimes talk ourselves out of things because of money or guilt because we want to spend every second and dime on the kids. That is a good thing, but you also cannot forget about yourself and your relationship.

Answer by gemgem at 9:43 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I do not think you are acting like old people I think you have realized you have more responsibilities in life that need to be taken care of instead of parting and spending money where it does not need to be spent..............Congratulations, but you both need some time to yourselves not saying in the club scene but every once in a while you need it. But I think it's great that the club scene is not for you anymore, some parents never grow up the continue to party while their children are raised by someone else.
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 9:45 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I feel you girl! I just turned 29 and my hubby 30 in April. We feel old! I don't know what it is. We just rather stay in have some food and drinks and turn in when we are ready. Maybe we just got too comfortable being home bodies. Some days I wish I could get that PARTY feeling back. Oh well!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 2:26 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You are not acting old, you are acting mature & responsible. What's better then spending time with your DH & the kids?? Nothing in my book!! Call yourself blessed & be proud of yourselves. You are still so young that when the kids are old enough to be alone by themselves, you & DH have a whole future ahead for yourselves to do what you want! Now is the time to enjoy the children since they grow up sooo fast :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My hubby and I will be 30 in july and we are the same way we like to family friendly things over the "party scene" . Not to say we don't get a sitter once in a while to have "couple time". I think everyone needs that. Have fun on your 3 day trip and remember to enjoy yourself.
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 2:40 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I think you're acting like old people. I'm 30 & like to go out with my DH a few times a month. I'd freak out if i never had a chance to go enjoy myself.

That doesn't mean i have not grown up, it just means i like having a social life, i like friends, i like live music & dancing. I'm not going to stop living the life i like because i have kids. Babysitters are a dream come true ya know....so are family members.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:37 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Your acting like people with kids...its nothing to worry about as long as the two of you are happy and your kids are happy..so what what other people say about it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:13 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I was just thinking about before we had kids, we use to spend like $700 jsut to go to a concert and not have a care in the world. Don't worry we are planning on going to the Essence Fest this year for our anniverasary(by ourself). It will be the first going since the kids were born. A whole 3 nights without the kids!
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on May. 10, 2011

• *anniversary*
    babygirl0782