I have a cold. i called the doctors yesterday and they told me i should be okay, and nothing should happen to the baby. i don't know why im so scared, they told me im fine, just to drink a lot of water and told i could take certain medications. i really haven't had an appetite, i think that is why im a little nervous. im 18 weeks.

Asked by kb81888 at 9:49 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You will be fine. It's just a cold. Sneezing, coughing, throwing up will not hurt the baby. The baby will not get sick too. Try not to take any medications, but if you need to sudafed, tylenol and benadryl are about your only options. Other than that- steam your self a few times a day, drink LOTS of water- to the point where you are really annoyed with peeing, and avoid dairy.

You and the baby will be fine.

Answer by meandrphoto at 9:52 AM on May. 10, 2011

• thank you, i needed that! why no dairy?

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 10:02 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Dairy makes the mucus thicker so it's harder to cough up. Seeing you are pregnant, I would completely stop eating it, just limit the intake until you feel better. Keep hydrated...juice, water, clear soda. Popsicles. And most importantly, rest as much as you can.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:49 AM on May. 10, 2011

• thank you!

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 1:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• im 17w and am just getting over the cold i had..i had it for like 2 weeks, got a sinus infection and everything..i called the doctor and they said i could take Robitussin CF, and Claritin, if you take robitussin you have to be constantly drinking water because they said it will dry you out and make you thats what i did, i drank so much water i almost got tired of it...i didnt take claritin because it was more for allergies than cold..i didnt have much of an apetite either, but just as long as you eat when you are hungry you and baby will be doctor told me to call them right away if my chest started hurting or if i got a fever..

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 3:16 PM on May. 10, 2011

• u will be ok and ur not having an appitite because ur sick but u should still tell ur docter dat

Answer by momtobe522 at 9:02 AM on May. 11, 2011