Is it wrong to flirt?

Specifically, would it be wrong to flirt with someone you may never meet? i.e. - talking on the internet, skyping, texting, etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• If you're married, yes I think it's wrong.

Answer by missanc at 10:01 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would think that would be worse. I don't see anything wrong with a little innocent flirting wih a waiter or a cute neighbor but over the internet people seem to get really attached
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, because it can lead to real cheating... And it's called emotional cheating, anyway.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• why would you? I don't think I would even talk to someone that would have my attention that far...............If you need to talk to someone on the internet or texting and flirt with them then you are missing something at home, My BF of 4 years flirts all the time in his texts and that's all I need.If it feels wrong and you have to ask if it is ok, then it probably is not
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• if you are in a relationship yes i think it is wrong even though there is nothing physical going on the thought is still there
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If your married or in an exclusive relationship then yeah I think its wrong..and its dangerous and pointless too.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:06 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If you're in any kind of relationship, yes it's wrong. It can get out of hand and you shouldn't even start it in the first place.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:08 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I think it's worse than flirting with someone you might know, honestly. You'll say things to the anon person on the internet that you'd never say to someone in person or someone you know.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:10 AM on May. 10, 2011

• YES! My husband was a HUGE flirt before we got married. He has "mommy issues" and I always knew that is where the flirting stemmed from. Finally, I asked him why he flirted with every female he sees, and he told me that he knows that its boosts their self esteem (and in return, they like him-because he compliments-giving him a feeling of acceptance-he didnt tell me any of this, I just put the pieces together) and I told him that he was "boosting" their self esteem at my expense. He stopped.And I learned how to make him feel "accepted" so he didnt need to find it elsewhere. Anyways, my point is, flirting can sometimes be devestating to a marriage. I know I hated that about DH.And it deeply hurt me.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:11 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If flirting is part of your nature, no it is not wrong!

Answer by older at 10:13 AM on May. 10, 2011