Can drinking 2 cups of coffee every morning really be the cause of infertility? did you drink coffee and concieve?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:04 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I didn't drink coffee, but I'm bad about caffeinated soft drinks - and was even worse when I was younger and had my oldest 3 kids. I probably drank at least 2-3 cups/day of coke.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drink coffee (a cup or two daily, regular not decaf) and was able to conceive. I don't think coffee, at least at regular doses, prevents you from conceiving.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I have ALWAYS drank coffee and I have 5 kids. So it didnt hurt me at all.

Answer by gemgem at 10:08 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Everyone's got their own unique body chemistry. I am very fertile and coffee didn't affect that one bit. However, for some who are less fertile, something like caffiene can make a critical difference.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:11 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I was drinking coffee and energy drinks and I still concieved. I've never heard that before.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drank a pot of coffee. And all he had to do was look at me like he wanted to have sex and then WHAM! I'm all knocked up.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:14 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drank coffee all day & got pregnant the second time very easy. BUT! I lost 10 pounds right before I got pregnant & that probably made a difference. It was a surprise pregnancy. I know that this isn't part of the question but, If you are having a hard time getting preg. you may need a D&C. Are your periods regular or are they very heavy & last long??
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drank coffee everyday. I am pregnant with our 3rd.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:18 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I drank way more than 2 cups of coffee in the morning and was extremely fertile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I think it depends on the woman's body. Everyone is different but I have heard of caffeine being a cause of infertility. Caffeine is more harmful than people assume.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:32 AM on May. 10, 2011