• In the Spotlight:

What was the worst job you have ever had?

tspillane

Asked by tspillane at 10:38 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• telemarketing but i was a young woman then
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 10:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• diana398 I did that too ... so. freaking. horrible.

My hardest job was at Bar-S, making bacon. 40 degrees in the room & 12 hour shifts, 6 days a week, with 2 kids under 3. Hard damn times.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 10:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I worked in a garbage bag factory to save money for college.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:46 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Have had a couple.
    Fastfood- people treat you like the scum of the earth.Also, some of the other employees are pretty nasty.
    Customer Service call center- I was cussed out 3-4 times a day at least for things I had no control over.
    Hotel maid service-Even at expensive hotels people are disgusting!
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 10:48 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would say fast food too.

Unnecessary vote downs are annoying. Right zoey?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 10, 2011

• @Zoeyis - I thumbs up you on both to cross out whoever thumb downed....silly people

Worst job ever- being a server at Shoney's. I was terrible at it and all the older workers were so mean and rude to me when I was only 16
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 11:00 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Waffle House.

Guy got shot in the parking lot and the place kept getting robbed.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:03 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I was a kennel manager for a few years. Not only was the work physically demanding and never-ending, one of the other employees tried to poison me at one point, the owner would never get the place fumigated for roaches and it really needed it, the owner went and set a bunch of surplus hamsters loose and they ended up breeding and invading the restaurant next door, and I was eventually fired for refusing to participate in the owner's pyramid scheme.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh I forgot buser at a buffet resturant. Some peoples eatting habbits are gross. Worset was the older male customers. The ones who would say "if you clean under my table I'll give you an extra tip" or " you must stuff your tips in your bra" and "if only you were wearing a skirt( while bent cleaning a table)". I told the owner and he would just tell me to ignore them. He always chose customers over his employees.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I worked at the County Jail, no question, that was my worst job
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:39 AM on May. 10, 2011