What would you do? Friend needs advice!

My Friend do not have a CM account but she wanted me to ask this...
What would you do if ur teenage son jumps up in ur face like he is gonna hit you when U talk to him and he doesn't listen...then U shout at him and he is angry and wants to hit you...
She is remarried so he is living with a step father...

johnsonbaby03

Asked by johnsonbaby03 at 10:42 AM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Anger issues that seem like they could lead to physical violence.

First of all, her yelling at him is not going to make the situation better. Family therapy seems like a really good idea.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:45 AM on May. 10, 2011

• He would NOT have a chance to ever jump at me again in anger. My son tried to hit me once and he will NEVER even think of doing it again. I grabbed his wrist so fast and so tight that he didn't know what to do. I informed him that if he ever hit me, I would be calling the police and having him charged with assault. He received a lecture of a lifetime about hitting women and how unaccetable it is. I also told him that if he was that angry he needed to walk away, tell me he needed to calm down and talk to me when he was calm. I also told him that he would be back in counseling for anger management and he hated counseling, so it is a good deterrent for him.

Your friend needs to step up and NOT let her son act this way. She could try family counseling and anger management.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Knock his ass out! You are the parent! If my kid EVER act even close to trying to hit me he's gonns be missing some teeth. I can't stand how some parents act like they dont know how to deal with THEIR kid. I went through all the labor and carried you for 9 in a half mnths I be DAMNED if im gonna let you get in my face like you run things
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:48 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Im going to be honest here with what would happen in MY household if MY son were to jump in my face and even look like he was going to hit me.That boy would meet the floor faster than he could blink an eye.Seriously. I wouldnt relly hurt him, I would just put his ass to the floor and hold him there and trust me..he wouldnt be able to move until he calmed hisself down. There is no way in this world I will let my child beat on me. My son was 10 the first time he drew his arm back and made a fist at me.That was the LAST time.
    If that is a situation for your friend where her son is just too big at this point and she can't handle him..I'd call the cops on him and let him sit in juvey for a couple days.Then move on to family counseling.
    After that interaction with my son, we had MANY MANY talks with eachother.I help hm work through his anger and I handle mine..and he KNOWS without a doubt not to even try that crap on his mama.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:48 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Think step-dad needs to be a part of this, I know some children can be awful thank god mine were never like that, but with that said he would def have some punishment, do not just let it go with nothing said. He obviously has no respect for his mother and he needs to. If she just lets it go it will get worse. Where is his real father? Maybe he could have a talk to him, this is not something that needs to be forgotten
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:49 AM on May. 10, 2011

• This is vauge information regarding the dynamics of the family. I think the boy has some anger issues...and most likely for a reason. I would suggest counseling. I would not allow him to behave this way and remain in my home.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:53 AM on May. 10, 2011

• you mothers All ROCK!!!!!!!! Love the answers for this post!!!! Wish all mothers felt this way and had the ability to follow through instead of letting the children run their lives, the world would be such a better place....................THANKS to the Moms that do not put up with bullshit :)
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:53 AM on May. 10, 2011

• AS SOON AS HE STEPPED TO ME WITH THAT BS... YEP HE WOULD GET KNOCKED OUT IM YOUR MOTHER AND U DONT SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY AND AFTER HE WOKE UP I WOULD GET HIS ASS A BAND-AID
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 1:06 PM on May. 10, 2011

• O hell naw,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,soon as that thought cross my child mind she will meet her maker which is me I be damn I gave you life and I will take it. That's where it all start at home if we let them do and say whateva they gone take it and run wit it.
    benitaapplebomb

Answer by benitaapplebomb at 1:20 PM on May. 10, 2011