I think my 2 year old has allergies ..

Now what happens? Do I call the doctor? Will she have to go get tested? My poor baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My Son started with seasonal allergies at 2 also. I give him Childrens Zyrtec liquid as needed. It works great. You can also buy the drug store brand zyrtec like Wal-Zyr from Walgreens if you have one. I bathe him when he comes in at night if we've been outside for the day to remove the pollen too.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:09 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I do the same thing as Paulie - except I make sure its Dye Free
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You should definitely talk to your ped so they make sure everything else is okay, but honestly allergies are pretty easy to deal with. The pollen count is just going crazy over here so DS is taking children's Zyrtec, too. Our ped recommended Zyrtec over Claritin or Allegra as a good place to start. And when the allergy season starts winding down, we'll stop taking the meds to see if he still need it or not (no sense in taking something he doesn't need anymore).

BTW, I was also talking to our ped about how the allergy and GI research is starting to converge... they are starting to believe that boosting our GI's immune functions (by taking probiotics) can help reduce the impact of stuff like seasonal allergies. We're also taking daily probiotics and I've noticed that my allergies are WAY less severe than they usually are around this time of the year.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:42 AM on May. 10, 2011