Ummmm.....

WTH is a birther? I'm not that into politics but all off a sudden I'm hearing this term like crazy...pls fell me in

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 11:11 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The folks who don't believe Obama is a US citizen.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Someone who is obsessed with seeing someone's birth certificate to prove they are a US citizen.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• People who believe that President Obama was born in Kenya and that his Hawaii birth certificate is a fake.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:12 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Ohhhh okayyy....lol
    Well I would think that all that would be checked out before he was allowed to run for president right?? Lol
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 11:16 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I just googled it bc I didnt know either nor have I heard of this kenya theory lol Even if it is true story being his mother flew to kenya to meet fathers parents then when she wanted to come back airline said she was too close to birth so she had to stay in kenya. Story continues with he was born there then shortly after mother & him flew to hawaii where his mother registered him as born there. Even is this is true then who cares he grew up here honestly. People are always looking for some sort of a conspiracy with everything now a days!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• At Mel I agree 100% lol
    kyheavensmom

Comment by kyheavensmom (original poster) at 11:21 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Mel -

I think President Obama was born in Hawaii.

But I do care that we support the Constitution, that "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

So, while I think it's a moot point for Pres. Obama, I DO care if someone was not a natural born citizen of the US is seeking office

(I *guess* if there were any "citizen[s] of the US at the time of the Adoption of [the] Constitution" that would be ok, but even though the constitution doesn't outlaw zombie candidates, I don't think I would vote for them :-D )
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 11:29 AM on May. 10, 2011

•  

Ohhhh okayyy....lol

lol..they did....but without live actual footage..some will never believe! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ohhhh okayyy....lol

*********
    And they did research and demand proof that McCain was legal to run. Obama....not so much.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 3:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Um, one of these? 

tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:37 PM on May. 10, 2011