Infection in DS's foot.

Lat week, I dropped a glass while I was doing dishes and before I could nab him, DS comes running yelling "Mommy okay? Mommy okay?" and he stepped right in it. We got the piece of glass out of his foot without a problem, (he didn't even cry. What a trooper!) and I've been putting neosporin and a fresh band-aid on it every day. Well, daddy let him run around barefoot in the yard yesterday and the band-aid came off. Now, today the cut is red and swollen and he doesn't wanna walk on that foot. Will continuing with the neosporin fix it or do I need to take him to the doctor for prescription antibiotics? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take him to the Doctor ASAP for him to take a look. He may need an antibiotic. Has he had a tetanus shot? If not, they will most likely give him one. Hope he feels better soon :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:17 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Call his pediatrician to make an appointment. There might be shards of glass imbedded that you can't see with the naked eye. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:18 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Awww poor tink. My 7 yr old just went throught almost the same exact thing...it sounds like its infected. Take him in....good luck!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:20 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Take him to the doctor. My son's toe got infected from a bug bite! He had to get an antibiotic.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:33 AM on May. 10, 2011

• infection can spread fast.... esp in a foot. dirty, sweaty, not much air flow. plus walking and irritating the ouchie. good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:29 PM on May. 10, 2011