So im close to being 8 months pregnant, and i havent been able to sleep at all and i dont know where my babys head is at so im afraid to lay down on both sides(left & right) cause i dont want to hurt him. Does the way i lay affect him or hurt him?

britanyj

Asked by britanyj at 11:17 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your not going to hurt him. Left side is the best position. He/she will move if your squishing the baby.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• No, you are not going to crush your baby unless you try to sleep on your stomach. Just go to sleep. You'll need it, taking care of baby is much easier when they are on the inside.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 11:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• laying on your side is the best position...your back and tummy are not the best. Your baby should be fine no matter which position you piick.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:19 AM on May. 10, 2011

• left side if you can stand it. use body pillows to make it more comfy and hang in there. It is almost over.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 11:25 AM on May. 10, 2011

• When I was pregnant I heard that you are suppose to lay more on your right side. It has to do with the circulation of blood. All l know is that if your baby is uncomfortable when you are sleeping or ever, he will move. I used to wake up out of a sound sleep because he decided to kick me around a little. lol
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:25 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You can not hurt your baby. Don't lie on your stomach though, but try to get comfortable however you can. It's normal not to be able to sleep at the end of pregnancy. I think it's nature's way of getting you ready for the many sleepless nights to come.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on May. 10, 2011

• lol okay got it! my doctor told me left is better than right but i take turns cause sometimes left just gets uncomfortable.
    britanyj

Comment by britanyj (original poster) at 11:29 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Left is better than right because it cause better bllod flow, but both sides are fine. Don't worry, they are encased in the toughest rubber ball you can imagine,and you can't squish them :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 12:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i sleep on either side and place a body pillow between my legs and under my stomach then when i roll over i adjust it takes away some of the discomfort congrats
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 12:21 AM on May. 11, 2011

• you dont hurt the baby u can lay however the sac the baby is in keeps it safe i thought the same until it was explained to me
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 8:59 AM on May. 11, 2011