• In the Spotlight:

How comfortable is a futon for a 16 year old to sleep on every night?

My 16 year old just recently moved in with us and needs a bed. I thought the futon would be nice because she is sharing the basement with my 11 year old.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Home & Garden

• My friend and I were 16 when we first started hanging out and she loved the futon to sleep on. She prefered it over her bed. But everyone is different.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I slept on a futon from the time I was 5 to the time I was 18...my dad's second wife was an evil abusive bitch =oD But that's another story. Futons are very comfortable, in my opinion.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• As long as the mattress is decent, there is no problem. Some of the cheaper thin mattresses leave you feeling every bar underneath...I would lay down on it and see if you are comfy...you can always buy a new mattress for it or some extra padding for next to nothing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• kristinas8 your eleven yr old is in the basement oh that poor child
    Anonymous

• I think if it's a good mattress then it's ok. I have one that the mattress isn't the best and it's not even comfy to sit on.
    jennmarie77

Answer by jennmarie77 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 6, 2008