Can I go to the zoo and stuff with a 1 week or 2 weeks old?....right after having baby?

The reason I ask is cause we take the kids to the zoo every year and we take them to the wooster fair and to and to chuckie cheese. We usually take them to the cleveland zoo, clumbus zoo and akron zoo. The akron zoo is only like 10 minutes away from us the other 2 is about 1/2 hour maybe hour and 2 hours away from us. But I am trying to decide if I should go ahead and start going to the zoos next month and July or can I go to a one in August? My due date is August 9th. But I am also afraid being an hour hour or 2 away and I go into labor although I was induced with my other 2. But can I go after the baby is born or no because I am healing? The fair is in september. Can I still go to that one? I am more worried about walking that long and healing I guess. But I don't want to not take my kids to that stuff this year because I can't go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yes, but be ready to change lots of diapers & to be feeding him a bunch. I would also make sure you have a good comfy carriage that has a cover. If it's too hot or cold though, i would not do it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:35 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would't recommend it, you will still be healing and your baby is too young to be exposed to that environment. Can dad take them?
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:36 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Honestly it is all about if you feel up to it. You want to be careful with how much walking to do so you want to take several breaks. You don't want to hemmoridge (I think that may be spelled wrong) anyways, do be prepared for lots of feeding breaks and diaper changes. I know after having my second I had gotten out of the hospital and went to the grocery store later that night and was super sore, but at 1 to 2 weeks after having her I felt great and was back to cleaning and my normal routine. It all depends on you and how you feel. I also would suggest a stroller and a carrying wrap just to make it easier on you. Good luck :) you could always ask your OB about this also.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I think most OB's want you to take it easy the first 6 weeks but if you feel good then do it but take plenty of breaks. I would see a problem with you going 2 hours away if your due date is in Aug. All these are major cities and have hospitals if you do indeed go into labor.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:36 AM on May. 10, 2011

• It really will depend on how your delivery goes. With my first I had a very traumatic birth with an epi and blood transfusions. I could not move for almost 2 weeks without LOTS of help. I couldnt even shower alone.

With my second, a natural delivery that was uncomplicated, and I would have been fine to go to the zoo 2 weeks later. I was moving around very easily just a few hours after delivery with him.

Now I do not know if I would want to deal with a HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT, we live in Texas, zoo with a 2 week old baby and still be bleeding...NO THANK YOU!

But like I said it will depend on how you feel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I would say yes, I see parents with newborns at the mall all the time and if you figure there are probably a ton of germs there... Just make sure the baby is bundled up and you might want to tell people/strangers to back up if they try to get up in your babies business. If you know what I mean. I would also say for you to take it easy...
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:41 AM on May. 10, 2011

• It is your choice! Would I go out so soon? No but that is me and everybody is different.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 11:41 AM on May. 10, 2011

• You will have to see how you feel. I went to the Bronx zoo when my daughter was 3 weeks. and I had a c-section. I was able to do everything. It was fine. My son was 7 and I didn't want to keep him home.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:42 AM on May. 10, 2011

• well I just looked and when we go to the fair I will have had the baby 4 weeks and 1 day that is if I have the baby on my due date. My doctor will usually let me be induced before due date if wanted but anyway it is summer so I am not to worried about exposing the baby cause believe me if it was flu months I would deffinaly not take her. Plus I will be wearing her in one of those slings. But will I be ok at weeks and 1 day? I hate to miss the fair I look forward to thet every year. I mean I would take breaks when I feel the need too
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on May. 10, 2011

• i would suggest a stroller and checking into see if the zoo or fair has a wheelchair to rent you may be out a little money but it's always a good option just incase you need the extra help have fun
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 12:19 AM on May. 11, 2011