Do I need to worry about lead paint on a paint brush?

My son (9 months) got a hold of one of my paint brushes (art paint, not house paint). I didn't think anything of it, it's not something he can choke on and he was having fun with it. When I got it back from him it was obvious he'd been chewing on the handle and some of the paint is gone off of it.

Do I need to worry about that being lead paint?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 11:37 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it was just one time, no. I'm sure he's fine. Just don't give it to him again.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:59 AM on May. 10, 2011

• If they are less than 15 years old, no, you do not have to worry about lead paint.
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Yes, I would worry. Since many things are made overseas and we do not have the regulations when we import like they do, it could have lead in the paint.

Get a teether instead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:39 AM on May. 10, 2011

• It depends...have you used lead paint? I honestly don't think they make any paint with lead in it anymore, but there are some strange artist circles that use old fashioned methods of making paint.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:52 AM on May. 10, 2011