Has anyone ever successfully lost weight using the SLIMFAST diet?

How did you use it and how did it work for you?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:39 AM on May. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes. I lost 18 lbs using the shakes and meal bars but after I stopped using them and eating real food, I gained it all back.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:44 AM on May. 10, 2011

• It's one of the many my hubby tried and failed with.

Sorry, Kim.. there aren't any shortcuts... more fruits and veggies, only lean proteins, cut the "whites" and carbs and be active. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Temporarily, I lost 45 lbs combined with serious exercise. Then it ALL came back (plus more) when I resumed normal eating.

I'd HIGHLY recommend trying something more permanent.  It's not healthy for the body to yo-yo diet, and those shakes were never intended for the long term.  I've had success with eating clean and exercising (primarily running), and it's something I can keep up with for the rest of my life.  There is also a group on here for eating clean.

Good luck!!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No. And while on it, I was ALWAYS hungry!

I've been doing Weight Watchers since January and I'm losing weight this way. It's really showing me how to eat. My husband isn't on the plan, but because I'm changing the way I cook, he's losing weight too. Plus eating right and exercising is a good example for my son.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 12:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I've never been able to stick with it, I'd always be starving. Beachbody has a meal replacement shake called shakeology and I bought a 1 month supply to try out since I signed up to be a coach with the company. I use it once a day to replace my Lunch and I don't feel hungry, it tastes amazing and it comes with a recipe card with 30 days worth of recipes with it....for example I can make the chocolate shakeology with half a cup of strawberries and a tablespoon of peanut butter for a PB&J shake. LOL They are really good. If you want a link to learn more about it, just PM me.

I plan on ordering the sample packs soon so I can send samples, but don't have them yet.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have noticed that when i drink a slimfast shake for breakfast and eat a sensible lunch, and drink a slimfast for dinner i can drop pounds quickly. I also add protein whey powder to my slimfast to add more protein.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:29 PM on May. 14, 2011