What did you do for teething?

My 3 month old is teething hard. I have one older child and he breezed through teething like it was nothing. I am running out of ideas. I have tried water teethers and washcloths. I wont use oragel and I love teething tablets but they have been taken off the market. I would love some opinions!

joshnzacksmomma

Asked by joshnzacksmomma at 11:44 AM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Boiron's Homeopathic Camilia Teething Drops. Clove oil with olive oil (1 part clove, 3 parts olive). Whole clove necklace. Any of these worked for my 3 children.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:47 AM on May. 10, 2011

• I used to buy these hard, somewhat thick teething biscuits from the health food store. I would put them in the feezer so they would be cold and my boys loved to 'chew' on them. They were quite sturdy and seemed to have a good flavor to them as the kids would 'chew' on them for quite a while.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:49 AM on May. 10, 2011

• Know I'm going to get bashed for this but it was, quite honestly, the ONLY thing that worked and we tried everything prior. Anyway, we used a drop or two of whiskey on our finger, and rubbed it on the gums.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 11:59 AM on May. 10, 2011

• They took teething tablets off the shevles?!? really..wow i used those with all 3 of my kids.. they were the ONLY thing that would work! weird!!

Meriana - I have heard about the Whiskey trick!... my husbands grandmother would always tell me to do it.. but teething tablets were just fine.. lol
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 12:03 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Clove oil works in the same fashion that the whiskey does. It burns and then numbs. And it isn't toxic or illegal.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• 3happykidds,

For most kids, the products that are available for teething pain work just fine. Our son, however, cut 4 teeth at the same time and his gums were so swollen and painful, the poor baby could barely stand the nipple of a bottle in his mouth.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 12:43 PM on May. 10, 2011