Endometriosis and Periods

I have now been Dia. w endo for 5 yrs now had 2 laps done. Here the last 3 months my periods have been bad. I had to goto er last month and the pain is sssssssso bad. Makes me grumpy and not fun to be around. I don't mean to be I am in pain. I went Gyno and since I don't have insurenace not much she can do she put me back on BC.Does anyone have any ideas on this. Help and advice of any kind will help.

twirlergirl

Asked by twirlergirl at 12:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Health

• I know what you are going through...I am going through the same thing and nothing is helping. My latest period was super bad and it lasted for 2 weeks. I have had lap. 1 and it really did nothing. Now I have it so bad that 2 fibroids are growing. They are tried 3 different BC's on me and nothing seems to help. The latest is Seasonique, the one where you don't get a period for 3 months?? I just started it so we'll see!! They said my next options are Lupron or a hysterectomy, which is scary because I am only 25, and wanted another baby :( Hang in there!

Anonymous

• BCP's never helped my endo pain, if anything they mae me worse. My surgeries helped me but it didn't take long for it to start back again. Having my daughter helped me the most, I didn't have a cycle for 8 mo after I had her, but I've been haing it again now for 9 mo and it has started getting bad again. I don't have insurance either so I don't get it checked. you may have something more going on. I would gather money for an ultrasound at least. maybe your dr will let you pay half and then make payments on the other half.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• to the one who answered 1st I did do Lupron and I have heard so many people say they hated it the side effects. But the only thing I had was hotflashes and they where not that bad. I loved being on lupron the only time I have never been in pain.

and to SMWOODS I did goto the er last month and they did do a ultrasound took the lady for ever to get it cause i pain but it didn't show anything. so I am at a lost TIRED OF PAIN i was suppose to have my belated birthday get together tonite but I just can't i am in pain and period is to heavey to go out.
    twirlergirl

Answer by twirlergirl at 1:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008