Purple Leaves, Red Cherries

Hi mommas, One of my girlfriends is expecting her very first and I wanted to pass along a great book to her. Thing is...will she be ready for it. It's kind of a words of wisdom from one mom to the other and a great way to also document the journey of motherhood. It was a gift for me and I've been enjoying the movement. Please give me your thoughts....do moms want books or do they want loot? I'm kind of a hippie mom and loved the gift. Not sure if she will. Or I could get her both?
http://purpleleavesredcherries.com/. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Valen43

Asked by Valen43 at 11:59 AM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have had no use for a book like that. If I'd had a shower I would have wanted something like people volunteering to watch my kid so I could go to the store alone or a frozen home-cooked meal when I didn't feel like cooking.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:03 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Thank you for your comments. I see what you mean....it's more of a have at your bedside or coffee table and pick up and put down book. Thank you!
    Valen43

Comment by Valen43 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I love books and books about being mothers were all I read from conception to well after DS was born. I would have appreciated the thought of a book. However not everyone is like me. If you don't think she will like it you can either opt for something on her regestery or buy the book and something to go with. Maybe a beautiful blanket or a bag of diapers.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would have LOVED to receive a gift such as this book. If it was special to you, you might want to write a personal note inside the cover, telling your friend how special this book has been for you, and how much you treasure the memories you were able to capture in the journaling section of the book. Even if she doesn't usually journal, she may find this the perfect time to begin. Also, reading about how a variety of moms have dealt with situations she hasn't yet considered could be very reassuring.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:52 PM on May. 10, 2011