Do you have an "emergency goodie/supply" bag in your car? If so, what do you put in it?

I'd like to put a bag in my trunk so that my 2 toddlers and I are prepared for anything this summer. I already have diapers, wipes, bandaids, sunscreen, bug spray, etc in there. Any other ideas?
Thank you!!

2coolmama

Asked by 2coolmama at 10:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sunscreen should not be kept in the vehicle, I think the heat makes it lose its effect.

I have a first-aid kit, jumper cables, and library books.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I keep an extra blanket just in case we need shade (if I somehow rigged it) or warmth for the winter months. Also, a few bottles of water can't hurt...it's keeping them cool that's the problem. Handsanitizer is my best friend when we go to the park.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• We keep a bag in the car that has a few extra diapers, a package of wipes, a first-aid kit, and then a few "keep him busy" activities like smaller sized puzzles and old cell phones (he loves those lol)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Sanitizer, a few dollars, little books of puzzles, snacks, band-aids, towel or blanket for whatever, shoes....
    Misha_Barista

Answer by Misha_Barista at 2:15 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Actually, I carry a diaper bag with me all the time. So I just keep those things in the bad, and just change out the spare cltohing.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 16, 2008