My back hurts no matter what, this is normal, right?

So, no matter what position, how many pillows for support, or anything, my back always ends up hurting.
I try and write it off as pregnancy, or that I actually don't have a computer chair, I just sit in bed with an array of pillows with my laptop (yeaaa, I want a computer chair/tv tray type set up, that's not going to happen though). This is normal, right?
I heard lower back pain is normal, but sometimes, more often than not, its middle back, right under my shoulder blades, smack dab in the center, and it just hurts. Is there anyway to get relief? I can't afford a prenatal massage, sooo =/
Oh, I'm 28 weeks, if that helps.

M.Galvan

Asked by M.Galvan at 12:30 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This is a normal pregnancy problem, That baby is sitting in a curled up position and all that weight, baby and water, is pulling down due to gravity. If you are really concerned,you can talk to your doctor. They really don't like to due xrays when you're pregnant, look at it this way, your half way their. Resting and a warm, not hot, heating pad may relieve some of the pain, but you pretty much are going to have to put up with it. You will have a wonderful reward when it's all over and you'll forget about all the discomfort. I promise!! Good luck.
    NanaKathy123

Answer by NanaKathy123 at 1:08 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It was normal for me - can you do some type of prenatal yoga? that will help with the muscles and stretching your body you can buy a dvd for $10 at Target. Good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:31 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Get ahold of some Bio-Freeze. It it a topical pain reliever, so safe to use. I recommend the roll on as it is easier to apply wherever you need. Alot of Chioropractic offices carry it, you can call and check. It runs around 12.00 and is so worth it. Good luck.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:44 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It helped when I went to the chiropractor, esp. with my first child.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• its normal for me too im having the same problem nothing helps
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 7:03 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i also recommend bio-freeze i had to go to physical therapy with my DD's pregnancy i had terrible sciatic nerve pain and the therapist massaged that into the pained area so i would pick some of it up and ask DH/So to help you out it really helps if you can soak in warm water or a warm shower right before rubbing it into the area goodluck
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 12:11 AM on May. 11, 2011