Birthing Plan?

Everyone keeps asking me if I have a birthing plan? im only 20 wks 1 day. I think its to soon to have tht figured out already or should i be putting it together.. Bc i have no idea where to start or anything..

Daph2387

Asked by Daph2387 at 12:43 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• A birthing plan is great for getting you to think about what you'd like to have happen, but be prepared for the reality that some of it may end up not working out for you. 20 weeks is probably a little early; maybe your friends are just excited about your new baby :)
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• A birthing plan is nothing more than you deciding to go natural or with an epidural. Most of us plan to go natural but when that pain starts, most of us, including me with 4 pregnancys, decide to take pain medicine. Their is nothing wrong with that. Also a birthing plan can include a midwife vs a doctor, a home birth, a birthing center and so forth. Look into these things when you feel ready to investigaate. Good luck and congrats!!!
    NanaKathy123

Answer by NanaKathy123 at 12:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I'm not very controlling... all I wanted was an epidural! And I got it! It's good to be Informed and know what you want, but rarely do birth plans go your way. Be reasonable in what you want so you will have less disappointments if things don't go your way! I would also take birthing classes if your hospital offers them... that way you know what to expect and you can choose what you want and don't want. Good Luck!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 12:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Lol I started getting my birthing plan together when I first found out I was pregnant....just because I was so excited =) Here is a sample of a birthing plan to get you started =)

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• http://pregnancyandbaby.sheknows.com/pregnancy/baby/Birth-plan-creator-241.htm

http://www.birthplan.com/

Check these website out It may give you guidelines. It just means you have plenty of time to think about your plan.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have delivered at 2 hospitals and was never asked for a birth plan, was never told to make one, never used one, etc. I managed to get 2 children from my uterus without one LOL. They've asked me questions about my pain control preferences, birth position, and things like that while I was there and when it was time.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Im only 23 weeks along and Ive had my birth plan figured out for while.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't necessarily think you should have a "plan" in place this early, but definitely be thinking about it. I am only 18 weeks and have a pretty good idea what my plan is. I have an older child, so I need to know where she'll go when we go to the hospital, where she will stay (depending on how long my hospital stay is), and everything pertaining to her. I'll need to know what my plan is as far as the birth itself (pain meds, or no? Epidural, or no? See how it goes? etc.). There are a lot of great websites out there to use! Look into it! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:51 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks everyone.. Yall have really helped me understand what a birthing plan is like.. I appreciate all of your responses.. ;)
    Daph2387

Comment by Daph2387 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i feel you should have one you are still close and you never wanna be unprepared you never know
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 4:02 PM on May. 10, 2011