When should i start looking for a day care?

spagirl0426

Asked by spagirl0426 at 12:48 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Depends on your area. Here in San Antonio some daycares have waiting lists months long.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would start now.. depending on how long you are able to stay home. You can take your time and "shop around" but.. if you want to hold that spot, most will make you pay some time of fee or monthly payment so just know that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I found DD's when I was about 8 months along. I stayed home for two months after she was born - so about three months before she needed a spot. They had me pay a sign up fee (just like they do with any parent) and held the spot for when I was ready to go back to work. I did have to wait an extra two weeks because they were transitioning a child at the time to the big kid room and they didn't have room for her.

It also really depends on if you are looking into a day care center, in home care, or in YOUR home care. Lots of options, but definitely start looking sooner rather than later!!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 1:46 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i would say when ur in ur third trimester r earlier u never know if it will come sooner and u never know if you will have a long application process so the quicker the better
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 4:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks Ladies.
    spagirl0426

Comment by spagirl0426 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on May. 10, 2011