I have a question about my 9 year old autistic great-grand son

gammyd

Asked by gammyd at 12:57 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• And what would THAT be???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ok... I could try to answer but... um... where is it?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Okay.... my son is on the spectrum. Feel free to message me if you have questions or need someone to talk to.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:11 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Ask away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• lately he has been throwing fits, when he doesn't get his way, he hollers and he throws things, sometimes he will push himself off on me like trying to intimidate me. I've tried putting him on time out, but when he gets off he still does it.
    gammyd

Comment by gammyd (original poster) at 1:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My ds is 9 with autism. There are times when my ds has meltdowns "tantrums" easily if something is out of sorts. It could be a change in routine, different people he is exposed to, it can disrupt him horribly! As for his tactic of "intimidation", he may have seen another child do it with success or he may have done it himself with success. Just don't back down on your request! If it was to turn the tv off, stick to it! If he has a behavior therapist or speech therapist maybe they can suggest a treatment plan to help. You may pm me if you like.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:38 PM on May. 11, 2011