Looking for advice... i am moving my toddler from her crib to a toddler bed.

I am making the switch in furniture as we speak. She is at daycare so we will go through the transition later tonight at bedtime. Any advice? I am nervous that bedtime will be difficult. I am hoping that she will still nap in the toddler bed come the weekend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it might be an adjustment. stay positive. is she used to sleeping in a crib? she will be great!! saty up beat about it. Best of luck mama!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Make sure you attach things to the wall tha could fall, like a dresser. It's good to introduce them to a new bed at nap time for a couple of days.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• This can be tricky, but not a hard thing to do. Different things work for different kids. Sometimes they love the idea of a big girl or boy bed. Sometimes they do'n't want anything to do with it. If the child still naps, sometimes starting their works best. Nap time in the big bed with a favorite blanket or stuffed animal. Some times moving them into it after they've fallen asleep, I think that's kind of sneaky though. Sometimes just tranferring the bed time ritual to the big bed works fine., Like a story or a song for the child and rubbing their back. That one worked perfectly for my now 11 year old and he still asks me to sing him a song, made up of course,, or to rub his back, 5 minutes and he's out like a light. Take it slow, it'll work out fine no matter what you do, just make it special. Kids love to think they are the center of attention, most times they are. Good luck!!!
    NanaKathy123

Answer by NanaKathy123 at 1:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• even if the bedroom is VERY cramped, I think it's a nice idea to have the crib AND bed in there for awhile... if at 3am you're exhausted and she wont sleep, you can make the switch back real quick. it's also nice for her to see the crib and maybe be involved in getting rid of it (Like holding the door open for you while you carry it to garage, etc etc)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• For me I just ask my DS if he wanted a big boy bed and when he said yes I just took off the front part of his crib and let him jump around in his "new" bed and he was fine
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:01 PM on May. 10, 2011