When Should i test for pregnancy?

My husband and I are trying to conceive our third child. My last period was April 23rd which meant that my fertile time was from May 4th-11th. My husband and I have been having sex every night since the 4th except for last night since he told me he needed to recharge. I was supposed to ovulate on May 7th but I am getting lower stomach and back pains now. Is skipping last night going to harm the chance of getting pregnant? Oh do I have a good chance since we had sex during my fertile time?

Wiccangirl24

Asked by Wiccangirl24 at 1:28 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• wait until you've missed a period

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My cycle should be starting around the 27th of May.
    Wiccangirl24

Comment by Wiccangirl24 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• When I was pregnant with my son I knew about a week into it. I took a home pregnancy test which wad negative, took another a week later, and it said the same thing. The next week it said pregnant. I think as soon as u think u r u shld take one, and if its negative take another. Some ppl r really in tune with their bodies n u need to respond to ur intuition.
    kpincince

Answer by kpincince at 1:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh yeah, and after the third test that said pregnant I went to the Dr that day, they told me I was 3 wks along. So best of luck to u!
    kpincince

Answer by kpincince at 1:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Actually having sex every night isn't the best way to get pregnant. He needs to "build up his boys" for a few days before you ovulate for the best chance. Repeated exposure to his semen actually makes your natural lubricant slightly spermicidal- making it even more difficult. None of this is for sure- there are no 100%s when making babies.

Test when you have missed your period.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:59 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree. Wait til you've missed your period. Good luck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 2:54 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Since we didn't do it last night and tonight and tomorrow are the last two days of my fertile time could I still get pregnant?
    Wiccangirl24

Comment by Wiccangirl24 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Sperm lives on average for three days. Missing one night of orgasm isn't going to do any harm. IF you conceived it will take about a week for the egg to reach the uterus, another week or so for it to implant, and allow another week or so for HCG to build up in your system. So test in about three weeks or after you miss your cycle. We can't rush nature as much as we'd like to try sometimes. The placenta is responsible for HCG production, so if it's not there or not yet functioning, you will get a negative.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:49 AM on May. 11, 2011

• We did nothing on Monday but had sex last night. Will that make it more of a positive to get pregnant or not?
    Wiccangirl24

Comment by Wiccangirl24 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on May. 11, 2011

• Once the egg has been released you only have about 72 hours in which itis ideal for fertilization. So it all depends on when exactly the egg was released. Chances are good, but remember healthy couples with no issues can take up to a year and a half to conceive.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:39 PM on May. 11, 2011