Has anything you read on here ever effected

the way you see issues in YOUR own life, or changed any of your own negative habits?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 1:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• To be completely honest...

Being on CafeMom helped me come out as agnostic =] I'd been struggling with it for a long time, but after reading and responding and talking to people, I was able to give a name to what I believe in.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I chose veganism with the help of people on CM after I got a reality check on things.
    Anonymous

• oh yes,,i love to see i am not alone!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was already trying to do this, but reading some of the answers on here has really made me be more AWARE of how judgmental I've been in the past. When someone has a different point of view, it doesn't hurt to take a minute and think about WHY there's is "wrong". It might just be different! If it's not a matter of life or death, does it really matter if someone else doesn't agree with you? And even if it is, remember that it is THEIR life or death, not yours! Life's too short ~ make each moment count! :-)
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• it just made aware how truely MEAN some ladies can be! And just makes me want to show even more kindness to people.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It has helped me take my own advice lol. Every time I am in a situation I dont react right away. I think of what I would reccomend to one of you if you had asked a question about the situation I was in. It has kept me out of a lot of trouble with this pregnancy because I think I lost the little filter between my brain and my mouth and have to stop and process before I answer lol. I like this though because most people only see things from one side...THEIR OWN. This gives them a chance to look at it from a different prospective/point of veiw. I think its a healthy venting and advice system here. Its not always easy to take your own advice. If I took my advice all of the time I would be the perfect mom and wife....but I am not nor ever will be but I can try lol.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 2:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2008