If you consider modesty important,what are your thoughts on make-up?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 1:35 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• It should be minimal, natural-looking and in good taste.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:36 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Adults 18 up- there business don't care--even though personally I never wear make up.

Children especially those under 116 have NO business wearing it-period.

16-18--okay, but would prefer that they didn't.

My opinions--you don't have to like it--you are entitled to your own!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I consider modesty over-stated and over-emphasized in the United States. I don't habitually wear any make up at all.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Natural looking is always best.

Answer by older at 1:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't care what ADULTS wear on their face although I think its sad when they look like clowns and/or are unrecognizable without their makeup on

me personally is VERY minimal .... a little coverup and some cute lip gloss. I wear glasses so any eye makeup is completely pointless.

Daughter is 4 1/2 and wears nothing except for 2x a year for dance recital. Although I consider modesty so important I would pull her from dance if the costume showed belly or other private parts. A little makeup to make her pale face visible with all the harsh stage lights. Dance recital and perhaps prom.... otherwise I wont allow makeup for her as a youth/teen. Maybe some coverup for a bad zit.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:38 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I don't think anyone needs makeup.
    But I do allow her to play with it, and use it for stage uses.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 1:55 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I wear it naturally but enhance what I like the most about myself. I wish I could pull off a red lip but it's not for me. I think you wear what works for you. As for age I wasn't allowed to wear make up until I was 13. Even then it was minimal. Earth colored eye shadows and lip colors.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 2:01 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I like mine to look natural but at night I do the drama look lol as for anyone else? I don't care
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 2:19 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I see no need for modesty, by the definition others put on it. That said, I believe the purpose of cosmetics is to enhance the natural beauty of the wearer not to cover it and should be made out of chemical free and healthy natural ingredients. I believe the person below the cosmetics is the important aspect. If you look at a woman and think "Huh, I like her makeup" she's wearing to much or the wrong stuff... And if it's full of chemicals or other junk that is going to cause her skin damage, she really needs to do some searching as to what's important, her or her looks...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• "Modesty" as you're referring to isn't a consideration for me... in the states, we're all prudes. I do not wear makeup unless there is an event which calls for it, at that, it is no more than a little cover to even my skin tone, lip gloss, perhaps some mascara. I find makeup to be false advertising. My daughter will have to make up her own mind how she feels about it, once she is a teen and can buy it herself.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:25 PM on May. 10, 2011