Is there any natural redimies for morning sickness + acid reflux??

My friend is 12 weeks pregnant & is REALLY suffering with morning sickness AND acid reflux so is there any natural foods she can take to help with it???

Ellie15

Asked by Ellie15 at 1:40 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I ate pickles or drank pickle juice and it helped half of the time. But mine was horrible!! I got to where nothing helped so i had to take somethin that the dr give me for it :-/
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 1:44 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Candied or dried ginger but it only works for a short time & she can take Tums occasionally for the acid reflux.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• for morning sickness it was ginger, acid reflux was milk but if she is that sick she probably couldn't hold down milk. But Ginger ale, ginger snaps (they have all natural ones) or ginger pieces to suck on. I hope she feels better
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Reflux - try a small teaspoon of baking soda. And water.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:47 PM on May. 10, 2011

• i took natural yogurt which i found helped if she could start eatin every day .and tell her not to let herself get hungry.take small snacks
    caroline565

Answer by caroline565 at 1:49 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Glass of milk is the only natural thing I can think of. She can take Tums. Mine got so bad that it was causing me to throw up and lose weight - I ended up on several different meds before I hit on one that worked, kind of. It was Nexium and I was still throwing up an average of once/day but it was so much better than before. It lasted the entire 9 months with my 4th and 5th pregnancies.

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• morning sickness, try and snack on dry crackers and foods that aren't too exciting. I found acidic foods made it worse, couldnt eat tomatos, oranges etc. I did get some relief from ginger beer though. and dried ginger root from the herbalist put in hot water with a little lemon and some honey..
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 2:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• milk helped me in my first pregnancy wish u good luck :-)
    momtobe522

Answer by momtobe522 at 2:16 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Some people do OK with milk. For me, milk just made acid reflux 10,000 times worse. I took drugs. They sometimes helped like tums and milk utterly failed to (for me). And ginger made my nausea worse, although sometimes I could tolerate ginger ale. I really liked plain baked potatoes.

A lot of the nausea, it's individual to the person. I think a lot of it is psychological, and a lot of the rest is knowing what agrees with our body.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Organic apple cider vinegar

kryysteez

Answer by kryysteez at 3:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2011