My breastfed baby take a bottle at ALL!

I have been breastfeeding my 6 month old since birth, but I have been invited to a girls night out and really want to go but I can't get my baby to take a bottle for nothing!! Is there any way to get him to take one or am I just outta luck?

littleguys_rule

Asked by littleguys_rule at 1:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep trying, maybe have another person offer the bottle with your scent not around, if they smell mama their aint no way in my house, they smell you they want it start from you!!!

Good luck, and enjoy your night out!!
    Anonymous

• I wonder if the little one would take a sippy cup from someone else or from Mom, just for the few hours out.

Answer by Bmat at 1:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yes try the sippy cup.. My son is 10 months and I still BF.. He wont take a bottle either.. But I gave him a sippy cup one day and he started drinking from there.. He doesnt take it all the time.. But at least I get a break.. Good Luck!! You need the break...
    airmom04

Answer by airmom04 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Give it a try. Another person might make it easier for baby to take a bottle instead of you since they are used to the boob from you. And if baby doesn't eat for a few hours, it won't hurt them. He will eat when you get back or when he gets hungry enough.
    Anonymous

• I'd say give it another try and have someone else feed him. I still breastfeed (he's 14m now) and he wouldn't take a bottle from me. He would suck down his baba from daddy with no problem though. Maybe try a different bottle. My son didn't like the gerber bottles or playtex ventair bottles but he used the Avent ones and the Dr. Brown ones pretty well (I know the $$ ones) Good luck

TTFN
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008