4yrs old peed pants at school 2 days in a row...

Shes been pottytrained for 2 years now,no accidents in well over a year. No changes in the household, no accidents at home, but 2 days in a row she has peed her pants at school. Im at a loss I thought yesterday was just a pure accident as it happened during recess outside, today was while sitting in the classroom, i ask her why she says she doesnt know, she forgot...anyone else go through this? should i send her with a pull up on tommorrow? Its preschool so a lot of other kids wear them, idk..help!

LenaMommyof3

Asked by LenaMommyof3 at 1:51 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OP I am going through this. My DD was potty trained at age 2, and was fine. She is 4.5 now, and will sometimes just pee at home or at school. She says she didn't feel like going potty. I've checked for UTI - negative. I've had to break out pull ups, and make her wear them when she has a "deliberate." She HATES it, but I tell her she needs to be a big girl and earn underwear back. She DOES earn it back. Every once in a while she'll just say she didn't feel lie going potty. It is AGGRIVATING!!!

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 5:29 PM on May. 11, 2011

• i think a pull up would be a BAD idea....!!!! she is probably either too busy playing, it's very common. do the kids just go whenever they ask or are there set times like before/after snack? perhaps have the teacher remind?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• They do it both ways, there are set times as well as go when needed.. She hasnt had accidents in such a long time, and she plays HARD at home, so im not sure why its happening. Today the teachers made a point to remind her to go often and they asked right before this happened if she had to and she said no..then peed her pants.....
    LenaMommyof3

Comment by LenaMommyof3 (original poster) at 1:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• maybe too busy to stop playing to go potty, or it could be someone is bothering her. They should potty brk before outside playtime
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 1:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Maybe it's not a situation where the teacher needs to ask so much as direct. 'I have not seen you go potty in while I would like for you to go try please.' the escort her to the potty. Maybe she is becoming a little potty shy and doesn't like to admit or say she needs to go.
    Anonymous

• UTI or someone is bugging her. My son did that when the school year was almost over, he was in 4 year old preschool at the time and once he realised it was going to end (about a month ahead of time) he started to freak out.

At 4, she can probably tell you if her belly hurts or you can talk with her a while and see if anything is bugging her.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:46 PM on May. 10, 2011