Does anyone know why

I realize Debates are just that Debates but WHY can't everyone just accept everyone else's views, feeling and choice of Religion or lack of it. Why do we have to condemn people for the way they believe or feel. We can't change it so why not accept it? Everyone has a right to feel and believe the way they want to. And no one has the right to judge what is right and what is wrong. So WHY not just accept each other for the way we are?

Die4Jesus

Asked by Die4Jesus at 2:01 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Religious Debate

• anime.... ummm .... aren't you doing the same thing? just sayin...

Die4Jesus.. first of all awesome nick... secondly.... I love the fact that you mention love one another... sadly though not everyone practices that and not everyone wants to.
    There will be division especially among different religions. It's been that way since Cain killed Abel! He murdered with his hands but here people murdered with their words. Not everyone knows how to debate without cursing or slamming or prosyletizing and many people have baggage... hurts and junk and it flares up in this part of the forum.. really in the PC. R & B and RD ! That is where I see the sparks fly the most!
    The best thing to do is to set the example yourself and just be who Christ has created you to be and Holy Spirit will deal with the rest! They are ALL God's children some just don't realize it yet! :-) Prayer is a powerful too as well as Words of life! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If only more people practiced this!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It's called Religious Debate for a reason
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• "I agree wtih you 100%...No one can just agree to disagree..."

Cavernous gorge between agreeing to disagree and accepting. I can agree to disagree about just about anything (excluding abuse issues) and I do. However, I do not have to accept anything to do so.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Because some people NEED to be in control, of everything. It is so sad.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:04 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If we just accepted other points of view, then there wouldn't be much debating, would there? If you are commenting on a sometimes negative tone or personal attacks that happen here, I can see your point. But if we're just politely accepting different beliefs, then we're not really learning or challenging each other to consider other points of view, and it wouldn't be a debate at all. As Adnilm said, what you may be looking for might be in the Religion and Beliefs section, rather than debate.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Because if two people disagree about something, at least one of them has to be wrong. No one wants to be the one that is wrong.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:03 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree wtih you 100%...No one can just agree to disagree...Some women on here seem to intentially make someone feel stupid and act like a know it all...
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:09 PM on May. 10, 2011

• If we did, we wouldn't have any History books to read. lol
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:37 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh, I agree. Debates aren't meant to be arguments or chances to bash other people or their beliefs. The pettiness and nastiness we see aren't "debating". Thankfully most of the people here are capable of debate without resorting to name calling, personal attacks, arguing, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:37 PM on May. 10, 2011