How do i stop being so depressed?

Im tired of being depressed. I cry all the time. I hate being alone. anytime im alone i think about my life and the way things are going and all i do it get upset. it makes me want to disappear and not be around anyone. I never tell anyone bc no one listens to me. I told my bf i hate to be alone and i need him to be with me. He doesnt understand. Ive tried to tell my mom and anyone in my family. they pretty much blame me for everything and tell me to get over it. for example i have 2 kids and i wasnt working i never got out of the house and was just getting overwhelmed with stuff and wanted a lil break my sister told me thats what i get i shouldnt have had kids if i cant handle it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Health

• I am so sorry you are in such despair hun, but see a doctor, maybe he can help with those symptoms.

Answer by older at 2:11 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I agree, see a doctor. There may be something simple that can be done. Meanwhile, cut out sugar and eat healthy. Also, move around. Movement is the best thing for fighting depression. Personally I think laughter is the best medicine but my doctor disagrees and says movement. So I move around. When all else fails, dance!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:13 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Wow. thats a pretty messed up view on life. If this is really how it is you need to be around more positive people. or maybe its just the way you see it? I have suffered from Depression a large part of my life and i have it reasonably in control. I went on medication for a year or so and got counselling. I dont harm anymore so I guess least its not controlling me like it used to. But what I suggest for your is maybe start a diary, write down all your feelings and maintain this every day, write the good and the bad or whatver you like really. its your personal diary. as for your feelings Go See A Doctor. You need to get some counselling and may require medication, or hypnosis if your willing to give that a crack. Hang in there love these, are horrible times but you just need some positivity in your life to realise your self worth. dont let the darkness overtake your life ok.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 2:15 PM on May. 10, 2011

• people can be pretty thoughtless about the feelings of others. I understand being overwhelmed, and I almost never asked anyone to watch my girls. Maybe you could see a doctor...see what he says...maybe he would put you on an anti-depressant. Are there any support groups in your area? Pinning blame on you and telling you not to have kids is not going to help you "get over it" now. Even my own mom helps me out of the "dark place" when I am in it......I dunno. Do you have friends on here to talk to?
    Suzi

Answer by Suzi at 2:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• im sorry for what you're going through. i am battling depression and anxiety right now also, and i feel very alone. *hugs*
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You sound like you're in a rut. You are the only one responsible for your outlook. You have to fake being positive until it's a reality. Working out helps a heck of a lot more than prescription pills in my opinion, start by a nice walk/jog when you can get out...even if it's with a stroller. Find a hobby that makes you happy. Focus on what you do have instead of what you do not have. Remember your kids want a happy mommy!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 2:47 PM on May. 10, 2011