Eating and working out well pregnant Please help ??????

Okay so I am 5.9 and 200 pounds I don't look huge I carry it well but I am still to big for my own self, I just found out I am pregnant with my 5th baby and I was starting to eat healthy I even got a membership at the Ymca to work out Sense I haven't worked out in so long is it okay that I walk on the trend mill or the steppers and arm weights Can I do portion control I would like to get my arms to look nice before the baby gets here and at least maintain my legs Any advice Oh and Ladies I am not trying to loss weight or be unhealthy in anyway for the baby All of my babies are large healthy nursed babies just trying to not loss total control of my self and feel better... Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and maybe give some advice...

nicoal4

Asked by nicoal4 at 2:10 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Consult your doctor before starting any exercise routine, but anything in moderation will be good for the both of you.

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on May. 10, 2011

• It is GREAT to work out while pregnant!! Just take it slow, you dont want to over do yourself! Treadmills and cycles, stair steppers are all just fine :) Make sure to drink plenty of water, and not to push yourself to hard. Also, make sure to consult with your doctor they may have another opinion. If your pregnancy is high risk for whatever reason they may not want you doing that. I am 30 weeks, and have been doing yoga and Pilates the whole time :) And I feel great!! Good luck lady! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Do a lot of low impact walking, eliptical will be good for a while but walking is better. Don't try to portion control yourself too much, you are eating for two. Just try to eat healthieralternatives to junk. a lot of fruits and vegetables.

Be sure you stretch before you do anything.

Yoga is good your you and your circulation.

resistance bands are also a good workout tool.

Good luck and congrats!

Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 2:16 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Try yoga or light exercising....I did a lot of swimming during pregnancy and it was a life saver ! :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 2:22 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Oh Thanks Ladies I was planning on doing some yoga and swimming and had wanted to do the tread mill and arm lifts I Will take it easy just haven't worked out in awhile so wasn't sure if now was a good time to just start but thank you for all the advice and I will go ahead and start my work out.
    nicoal4

Comment by nicoal4 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have heard you should work out while pregnant but you dont want to be out of breath. If you can carry on a conversatio while working out you should be fine...if you are huffing and puffing then you are reducing oxygen to baby. I would double check with Dr. but that is what I have read. Walking would be great!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:04 PM on May. 10, 2011