Why do I feel so bad for what I think

Thanks to everyone for your imput. My stepson finally got a job and has started EMT school. So YEAH! He will be 18 in July and although things have gotten much better between him and I, I'm left wondering if he will be moving out when he turns 18. I feel bad for even thinking about it but I do think about it. Now that he is working, going to school and has a truck to drive all that we see him is when he comes home to eat and sleep. He doesn't do anymore chores around here and he can come and go when he wants. It's a hard pill for me to swallow but it's a sore subject with my husband and me. I've gotten to the point that I just don't say anything anymore because when I do, me and my husban fight about it. It's just not worth me getting upset about it. So all I do is sit here and count the days.......I feel like such a bad person for feeling this way. Wow, putting it in writing even sounds worse.

Mom-in-need

Asked by Mom-in-need at 2:14 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• its because your ready for him to move on and become an adult, the next stage of life. Its not a bad thing. Its a normal step. In addition, your ready to move on to your next step in life and it doesnt involve having to care for children anymore. Again, normal.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Teenagers can be tough. Once he does leave you will probably miss him.

booger14

Answer by booger14 at 2:18 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My relationship with my parents got SO much better when I moved out. Things were always very tense, very strained, and then something would inevitably snap and there would be a huge blow out. So... I kinda get it. I couldn't wait to move out. Things got easier when I did. I have a fabulous relationship with my parents now.
    BTW I moved out a little after 18.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks ladies. Now I remember when my girls were home I couldn't wait till they grew up enough to get out on their own and when they did I got so depressed. I am afraid that he is not old enough mind wise to be out on his own and I am ready to have life with my new husband by myself.
    Mom-in-need

Comment by Mom-in-need (original poster) at 2:41 PM on May. 10, 2011