is anyone scared of labor

i have to have my baby by myself and im scared to death am i being a big baby or does anyone else feel like that

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am having my baby WITH someone and I am terrified. I couldn't imagine being without anyone. I think it's perfectly normal. Congratulations and good luck! :-)
    Anonymous

• i was scared with my first i didnt do it alone tho if you have any question you can e-mail me and i will answer them the best i can
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm terrified. I don't want anything to happen to my daughter OR me during labor. I know the chances of dying during labor are very very slim...but gahhhh, there's still a CHANCE, yanno? >:(
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't know a single woman who isn't scared of labor before having their baby! It is only natural....there are so many things to worry about and especially if it's your first time. Even 2 or3 babies later you would be scared about going into labor. Everyone does! I have had 2 babies and was scared both times, but after it was all over the labor and births were the most amazing things about having a baby and I actually miss the labor! Call me wierd but I really do!
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 1:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• This is my second and I'm just as scared as I was with the first. Even though I didn't think it was as bad as a lot of the things people were telling me.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• heck yah. i had a c section so i shouldnt have worried and planning my second c for may..i dont ever wanna rip my jaja up!! not fun, much rather lay on a table, get it done in 20 minutes and sleep for a day! lol see if you can opt outta the labor thing.. ya never know yo might not have to ever do it like me
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• i actually wasn't scared i was soo excited!! I got my epidural and i was fine for like a half hour and it started wearing off.. i had to get it uped (they underestimated how much to give me because i'm only 5 foot) and i was in pain the whole time.. but it was like OMG I WANNA DIE pain.. it took the edge off of it but the whole experience was great and i actually look forward to the next time i get pregnant LOL
    I don't know if you've had a baby before but the most disgusting thing i've ever felt in my life is when they broke my water and it just kept coming, and coming, and coming in gushes eeww sickk! LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I'm terrified. My husband will be there but I'm really really scared...and I still have about 6 months to go too! Be brave :)
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was scared for a little while only bc my mom and the rest of my family was telling me how painful it is. But the day I started having labor pains was the day befor my induction and I went into that hospital expecting the worst, meaning the pain level and that did wonders for me cause nothing was painful except the IV and even at that it was all that bad. The epidurl was just like little stings and I am the biggest baby and my labor could not have went smoother. I look forward to doing it all over again. Good luck to you and I think you will be just fine.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• just make sure you have pain killers, I was scared... and I had to be induced due to a weak heart but Im not gonna lie it stung a little bit, but after a few moments you'll hold that little thing in your arms and be like "Woah... I did that all for you... hello little one" I had my first on the 22end, The pain is close to barable but you have to try and stay clam as dumb as it sounds.
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 11:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2010