Another question about buying a home

What did you really look for when you were viewing different homes? What was something you WANTED but were willing to pass up as long as it had something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I had a pretty low budget and needed a certain amount of space, so that was my main parameter. Location was pretty negotiable with me as long as it was within a 30 minute commute from my job. A nice yard for the kids to play was also very important to me. I ended up with a house that need a lot of finishing touches, but I've been happy to put in the work for a great house with a great yard that was in our area and had enough bedrooms for us.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• The floors and counters :) I gave up the extra bedroom for DH garage, but I'm getting my extra bedroom next time dang it :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:24 PM on May. 10, 2011

• A 4th bedroom to use as a guest bedroom/office combo. We bought a 3-bedroom BUT it has a fully furnished basement with separate office area so we basically got what we needed.
    Anonymous

• A 2nd story.
    Samanthamommy

Answer by Samanthamommy at 2:50 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I wanted three bedrooms. If it was in a secure area...I would go for a two bedroom.
    So we bought a condo...and now we have a nice little place with 24 hour security gaurds...but no room. Booo :(
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:11 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I have to have central air conditioning and also love to have an enclosed front porch
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We wanted a basement for my husband to use as a workshop and for storage. We traded that for a two car garage with a ton of storage overhead and a nice attic. We would not budge on central air, two bathrooms and square footage.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 9:35 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I wanted two baths and I wanted a big kitchen and lots of closet space. My husband wanted land and garage space. We got all that in our first home but it took us forever to find it. The funny thing is, we lost it all in our second home except the second bath.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:14 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I want a big yard! And I wont give that up for anything!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:53 AM on May. 11, 2011

• I really wanted just one floor with this house, but I settled for having all the necessary living space on the main floor.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:43 PM on May. 11, 2011