I need an easy recipe for homemade pot pie crust

I've made pot pie before, but with store bought crusts. I want to make my own.

KandC1115

Asked by KandC1115 at 2:26 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i usually follow the directions on the Bisquick box for biscuits. i whip up a batch of those and pour it over the pot pie filling, then bake it in the oven. i have used store bought crusts once and it wasn't as good imo.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:27 PM on May. 10, 2011

• 3 cups unsifted flour, 1 cup crisco, 1/4 tsp salt. Mix til crumbly. Add in 1 egg, 1 tbs vinegar, 4 tbs ice water. work until smooth. Divide in to thirds. Makes 3 crusts or 4 paper thin ones. can be refrigerated up to one week. (Mother's Idiot Proof Pie Crust from wwwmaplelawnfarms.com/pie_crust.htm) GREAT RECIPE. Even I can't screw this up and it tastes great. A pie contest winner told me about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:33 PM on May. 10, 2011

• This is the best recipe EVER.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_pie_crust/

It is so yummy and flaky, slightly salty with a hint of sweet. It really is prefect. In fact I just made it last night for pot pie. I use my kitchenaid mixer instead of a food processor.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:34 PM on May. 10, 2011

• here's what i just made last night...it sits in the fridge for 20 or more minutes so you could make it early in the day and let it sit.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chicken-pot-pie-recipe/index.html

other then that, someone once said if you pop open buscuits, bake and then put it on top of your pie when done.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:41 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Kadee's Pot Pie, great for lazy cooks like me! You can sub whatever and I'm sure it'll still be good.
    Crust (double this if you also want crust on the bottom, I like it better that way):
    1 c. flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
    1 tsp. salt
    4 tbsp. butter
    1/4 c. shortening (I use earth balance sticks)
    3 tbsp. ice water
    Mix all but the water with a fork until shortening is the size of small peas. Add ice water and mix to pastry consistency. Refrigerate while you mix the filling.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:59 PM on May. 10, 2011