Summer plans

What are your kids summer plans? Mine is going to a summer day camp on base.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 2:37 PM on May. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• me and my 3 daughters are taking an 8 hour road trip to the smokey mountains with my parents. i cannot wait to get away from it all and enjoy a week's worth of serenity hidden in the hills.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• daughter has ballet, son has hip hop. both will do vacation bible school and I have a few surprises planned (A waterpark, daddy got work off for the 4th of july, and their 1st time fishing)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:39 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Major road trip to CA, longer than our usual ones. We'll go camping on a friend's ranch for a while as well, maybe work in her fields to help out.

DS1 wants to go to sleep away camp. DS2 wants to go to day camp. DD wants to be a sullen pre-teen and hang around the house.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:45 PM on May. 10, 2011

• DD has a play/acting program to participate in, that is a week long, so ds and I will go along and stay and hang out while she does that(its away from home) I also think I will sing them both up for pottery camp, and some swimming lessons. As well as day trips, to the zoo, aquarium, lakes, camping, quading, kayaking, and lots of beach trips! The kids discovered body boarding and surfing last summer, they love it. Besides that, there will be lazy around the house days, them splashing in the pool in the yard or jumping in the sprinkler.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:17 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Lazy days with nothing to do.
    We're all looking forward to it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• We are taking a family trip to Mackinac Island in Michigan in June, dd is going with her aunt camping for two weeks in July and we are taking another week long vacation to Houghton Lake Michigan. The rest of the summer is going to be relaxed and easy going :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:57 PM on May. 10, 2011

• My oldest is going to a day camp for a month and we will spend a lot of time at the lake house and on the water.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:13 AM on May. 13, 2011