Daycare making me feel guilty for not taking her

this seems unsual question but i take my daughter to daycare and i have 2 weeks free from school/work and i wanted to take her less but when i called and told the director she made me feel kind of guilty saying that there is a waiting list. its only for 2 weeks not the rest of her life. also i get daycare assitance so i will be reevaluated anyways so they might readjust what i get anyways. but really if i have time off i want to spend it with her because during the semester i hardly get to because of work and school. anyone else come across a similar situation?

btw she has been in the same daycare since she was 2months old. she is not new to the center and its a in home based daycare.

it just seems odd to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would spend as much time as possible with your LO. They are only little once and you shouldn't feel guilty for enjoying your time together. You should have a little "me" time also. Treat yourself!
    sneakyboo

Answer by sneakyboo at 4:30 PM on May. 10, 2011

• this confuses me a bit but either way they should be getting paid the same , right?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:52 PM on May. 10, 2011

• actually they have a point, but i understand where you're coming from also. your daycare is clearly full to the max if there is a waiting list, and they don't want to hold a spot for 2 weeks and get paid less when they could bring in a new child and get paid the same amount.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I would take my children out if I had time off to spend with them. Don't you pay for the daycare regardless of whether or not she is attending? If so, then they can shut it. You're not taking her out of daycare completely, so mentioning that they have a waiting list is odd. If you're asking to take her out, not pay for 2 weeks, and then re-enroll her, then yeah, that's why they're acting that way. Typically, daycares don't give "vacation" time to children, and you pay whether you're there or not. If you don't pay, you have no spot.

I don't know how it works with assistance though.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• basically if you can take the child out for up to 10days for vacation time. yeah its not the first time i taken her out for vacation. i guess you have a point. they do not want to get paid less. i never figure that way. just the way she presented it to me that is all. i am just going to say i am going to keep her in. and do the reeveulation anyways so i will just wait and see. they do get paid the same.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on May. 10, 2011

• You could always put her in daycare for part of the day and pick her up early. So, if they have a preschool portion, and then just daycare, let her go to the preschool portion, then pick her up and spend the day with her.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:00 PM on May. 10, 2011

• you said you paid them right? it should not matter as long as ou pay for hr spot
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:29 PM on May. 10, 2011

• hey, as long as you keep paying the daycare, you can have her out as long as you want and they have to save your spot
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:10 PM on May. 10, 2011

• thanks everyone. it was a misunderstanding. i worked it out with the director. its all good. i am going to put her in the rest of this week which is only two more days. and we will do something friday and then next week we will work something out with the days i put her in. i am sure she was thinking i was going to drop to 2 days and expect to have 4 days available its not that. its only for a week. so she can hold my spot if i paid already.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on May. 10, 2011