My dog has been trained for a long time

He's housebroken and has been for over a year... Why did he suddenly start marking everything? INCLUDING INSIDE?!?! He goes outside, want to spray a few things, and then starts dragging up back toward the house. I stop him (because I don't want him to think he owns me) and step in front of him. I try to let him "mark" as many things outside as possible because he absolutely refuses to stand in one spot and fully relieve himself. After marking 15 things (guesstimate) he comes back in the house and is fine... for about 10 minutes. Then he marks the trash can in the kitchen... Or the kitchen table... Or one of the chairs... How do I make him stop?

CeeCee333

Asked by CeeCee333 at 2:51 PM on May. 10, 2011 in Pets

• Is he fixed and there might be a dog in heat close by they can smell that for miles. If he is not fixed, fix him
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:53 PM on May. 10, 2011

• No, he isn't fixed... Would that really make him stop?
    CeeCee333

Comment by CeeCee333 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on May. 10, 2011

• I had to answer this, I have been around ALOT of dogs since i was tiny. If you get him Fixed, YES he should stop doing that, it may take a little time, but i am sure he will!!! He is marking his territory i have 2 male dogs and they take turns peeing on everything outside, i need to get mine fixed...!!! There trying to prove who is more dominant!
    kaelad123

Answer by kaelad123 at 3:21 PM on May. 10, 2011

• Thanks for the comments... I guess I'll get him fixed! :)
    CeeCee333

Comment by CeeCee333 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on May. 10, 2011